NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002
NYSTCE Multi Subject Examination Overview This exam is initiated to test the teachers’ competency...
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080
NYSTCE Communication and Quantitative Skills Examination Overview New York State Education board conducts...
- NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074
NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Examination Overview NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Exam is an assessment...
- NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam Study Guide Overview The Social Studies subjects has always been the...
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060
NYSTCE Students with Disabilities Examination Overview NYSTCE Students with Disabilities exam seeks...
- NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079
NYSTCE Visual Arts Examination Overview NYSTCE Visual Arts Exam seeks to certify New York teachers...
- Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination InformationPraxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination Information
Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination General Information The Educational...
- Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination InformationPraxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination Information
Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination General Information The Education of Young...
- Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination InformationPraxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination Information
Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination General Information The English...
- Praxis II Health Education (5551) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Health Education (5551) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination General Information The Health Education test is designed...
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Examination Overview
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam is administered by the New York Educators Board to grant authorization to qualified teachers of areas in family healthcare, consumer science and parenting related topics, all in the New York State. Those who pass the exam, either taking one of the provided evaluation schedules, will receive certification for the profession of educating learners regarding family-oriented practices and services.
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam – Admission
The NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences exam consists of two phases; the initial and professional phase. For the initial phase which is valid for 3 years, applicant must be a bachelor degree holder from national or state university and an attendant of workshops in different school programs in order to prove his/her eligibility to the education board in accordance with their guidelines. An upgrade will be done after the duration of initial phase has been complied and then proceeding to the next phase.
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam – Presentation
The exam composes 90 multiple choice questions and a subjective question which must be completed within the duration of four hours. It shall be scaled within a range of 100 to 300 in which score must be at least 220 in order to qualify. If the examinee fails, the examinee must be present again for the next examination after 30 days.
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam – Course Outline
The topics discussed are:
• 21% Parenting and Human Development – infancy to adolescence development, adulthood to adult development, pregnancy, childhood, human sexuality, parenthood, etc.
• 17% Managing Resources and Consumer Skills – budget/ money management, consumer rights and responsibilities, housing care, family resource management, credit
• 13% Family Health and Welfare – maintaining health and wellness, factors influencing wellness, safe and healthy environment, etc
• 13% Careers and Work Skills – family science and consumer knowledge, procuring job, success in workplace
• 13% Family Relations and Other Interpersonal Relations – changes and transitions in families, principles of interpersonal relationships
*10% weightings in the NYSTCE Family and Consumer Science exam will be from a subjective question on the topic “Parenting and Human Development”
Alternative Help from NYSTCE Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for NYSTCE exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for New York state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for NYSTCE Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of NYSTCE test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080