Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination Information
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002
NYSTCE Multi Subject Examination Overview This exam is initiated to test the teachers’ competency...
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080
NYSTCE Communication and Quantitative Skills Examination Overview New York State Education board conducts...
- NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Examination Overview NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam...
- NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074
NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Examination Overview NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Exam is an assessment...
- NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam Study Guide Overview The Social Studies subjects has always been the...
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060
NYSTCE Students with Disabilities Examination Overview NYSTCE Students with Disabilities exam seeks...
- NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079
NYSTCE Visual Arts Examination Overview NYSTCE Visual Arts Exam seeks to certify New York teachers...
- Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination InformationPraxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination Information
Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination General Information The Educational...
- Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination InformationPraxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination Information
Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination General Information The Education of Young...
- Praxis II Health Education (5551) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Health Education (5551) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination General Information The Health Education test is designed...
Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination General Information
The English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) test is designed to measure basic linguistic and pedagogical knowledge within the context of teaching ESOL in elementary or secondary schools.
The test is 2 hours long, including two timed 15-minute listening sections, parts A and B. This test may contain some questions that do not count toward your score.
ETS has aligned the questions on this test with the TESOL/NCATE Standards for the Recognition of Initial TESOL Programs in P-12 ESL Teacher Education as developed by Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc. (TESOL), in collaboration with the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation, Inc. (CAEP), formerly known as the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education, Inc. (NCATE). ETS works in collaboration with teacher educators, higher education content specialists, and accomplished practicing teachers to keep the test updated and representative of current standards.
This test has a code of 5361, a 2-hour test including 30-minute listening section. Section 1: 20 selected-response questions (listening*), Section 2: 100 selected-response questions. This test is a computer based test and a selected-response question formatted test.
Topics Covered Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination
Foundations of Linguistics and Language Learning
- Linguistic Theory
- Language and Culture
- Second-Language Learning
Planning, Implementing, and Managing Instruction
- Instructional Theory
- Teaching Techniques
- Managing the Classroom and Students
- Knowledge of Tests and Standards
- Appropriate Use of Tests
- Interpreting and Applying Assessment Results
Cultural and Professional Aspects of the Job
- Cultural Understanding
- Legal and Ethical Issues
- Role of the ESL Teacher
- Professional Development
Examination Approximate Number of Questions and Percentage
Here are the list of topics covered for the exam and the approximate number of questions plus percentage:
Foundations of Linguistics and Language – 48 questions which is 40% of the examination
Section 1, Parts A and B (Listening*) – 20 questions
Section 2 – 28 questions
Planning, Implementing, and Managing Instruction – 36 questions which is 30% of the examination
Assessment - 18 questions which is 15% of the examination
Cultural and Professional Aspects of the Job – 18 questions which is 15% of the examination
Candidates for the test are highly motivated to study the following topics.
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080