Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination Information
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002
NYSTCE Multi Subject Examination Overview This exam is initiated to test the teachers’ competency...
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080
NYSTCE Communication and Quantitative Skills Examination Overview New York State Education board conducts...
- NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Examination Overview NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam...
- NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074
NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Examination Overview NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Exam is an assessment...
- NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam Study Guide Overview The Social Studies subjects has always been the...
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060
NYSTCE Students with Disabilities Examination Overview NYSTCE Students with Disabilities exam seeks...
- NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079
NYSTCE Visual Arts Examination Overview NYSTCE Visual Arts Exam seeks to certify New York teachers...
- Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination InformationPraxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination Information
Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination General Information The Educational...
- Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination InformationPraxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination Information
Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination General Information The English...
- Praxis II Health Education (5551) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Health Education (5551) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination General Information The Health Education test is designed...
Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination General Information
The Education of Young Children test is intended primarily for prospective teachers of young children (birth to age eight). The test was designed to align with the National Association for the Education of Young Children’s (NAEYC) Standards for Early Childhood Professional Preparation (2009) and the Common Core State Standards. It is based on a teaching approach that emphasizes the active involvement of young children in a variety of play and child-centered activities that provide opportunities for choices, decision making, and discovery. The test is designed to assess the examinee’s knowledge about pedagogy and content, the relationship of theory to practice, and how theory can be applied in the educational setting. Also included in the test are multicultural influences; diversity; variations in development, including atypical development; and how these factors affect children’s development and learning.
Each of the three constructed-response questions will focus on one of the following areas: Developmentally Appropriate Practices; Professionalism, Family, and Community; Observation, Documentation, and Assessment; or Content Pedagogy and Knowledge.
Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination Format
The test is composed of 120 selected response and constructive response. All questions are formatted to selected response and constructive response questions and should be completed within 150 minutes time given. The test is delivered computer-based with the test code of 5024.
Topics Covered for Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination
Childhood Development and Learning
- Understands children’s characteristics and needs
- Understands multiple influences on the development and learning of the whole child
- Understands how multiple risk and protective factors affect children’s development over time
- Is familiar with the range of typical and atypical development (e.g., gifted and talented, learning delays, dual-language learners, developmental disabilities)
- Understands how to apply developmental knowledge to create healthy, respectful, supportive, and challenging learning environments
Observation, Documentation, and Assessment
- Understands the goals, benefits, and uses of assessment to inform curriculum and instruction
- Knows how to apply responsible assessment practices to meet the diverse needs of children (e.g., those who are culturally diverse, are linguistically diverse, who have disabilities, who have exceptionalities)
- Knows appropriate methods for screening, referral, and evaluation to identify children who may benefit from additional support
- Knows the varied, diverse, and inclusive roles of families in the screening and assessment process
- Knows strategies for team building, two- way communication, and reporting with families and colleagues to establish shared responsibility for child-centered learning
Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Knows how to structure the classroom environment to support children’s learning
- Know how to apply a flexible, research- based repertoire of teaching and learning approaches to promote the diverse developmental needs of children including but not limited to the following
Professionalism, Family, and Community
- Knows about ethical standards and other professional guidelines
- Understands the importance of continuous, collaborative learning to inform practice
- Understands the integrated role of other professionals who may be involved in children’s care and education (e.g., special educators, reading specialists, speech and hearing specialists, physical and occupational therapists, specialists in gifted education, school psychologists
- Knows appropriate uses of technology to communicate with children, families, and peers and to serve as a professional resource (e.g., digital portfolios, online report cards, embedded instruction)
- Knows strategies to engage and support families and communities through respectful, reciprocal relationships
- Knows strategies to involve families and communities in young children’s development and learning
Content Pedagogy and Knowledge
- Knows relevant national, state, and local learning standards as well as other resources to use for implementing and evaluating meaningful, challenging curricula for each child
- Language and Literacy
Knowledge of Teaching
Examination Approximate Number of Questions and Percentage
Here are the lists of topics covered by the test:
- Childhood Development and Learning - 25 SR which covers 17% of the exam
- Observation, Documentation, and Assessment 19 SR which covers 13% of the exam
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices 19 SR which covers 13% of the exam
- Professionalism, Family, and Community 19 SR which covers 13% of the exam
- Content Pedagogy and Knowledge 38 SR which covers 24% of the exam
- Knowledge of Teaching 3 CR which covers 20% of the exam
Candidates are highly motivated to study the following topics.
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080