Praxis II Health Education (5551) Subject Assessments
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002
NYSTCE Multi Subject Examination Overview This exam is initiated to test the teachers’ competency...
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080
NYSTCE Communication and Quantitative Skills Examination Overview New York State Education board conducts...
- NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Examination Overview NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam...
- NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074
NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Examination Overview NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Exam is an assessment...
- NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam Study Guide Overview The Social Studies subjects has always been the...
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060
NYSTCE Students with Disabilities Examination Overview NYSTCE Students with Disabilities exam seeks...
- NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079
NYSTCE Visual Arts Examination Overview NYSTCE Visual Arts Exam seeks to certify New York teachers...
- Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination InformationPraxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination Information
Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination General Information The Educational...
- Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination InformationPraxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination Information
Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination General Information The Education of Young...
- Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination InformationPraxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination Information
Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination General Information The English...
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination General Information
The Health Education test is designed to measure the professional knowledge of prospective teachers of health education in elementary schools, junior high schools, and senior high schools. Examinees typically have completed, or are about to complete, a bachelor’s degree program in health education, health and wellness, or similar program of study.
The content of the test is based largely on the teacher preparation standards from the American Association for Health Education (AAHE), a subsidiary of the Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE America), formerly the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD). The questions invite examinees to recall basic knowledge and to critically apply education and health principles.
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination Format
The 120 selected-response questions cover health education as a discipline, health promotion and prevention of injury and disease, community health and advocacy, healthy relationships and mental and emotional health, and health education pedagogy. This is a computer-based test. Candidates are given 2 hours to complete the test.
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination Topics Covered
Health Education as a Discipline
Health Promotion and Prevention of Injury and Disease
Healthy Relationships and Mental and Emotional Health
Community Health and Advocacy
Health Education and Pedagogy
Examination Approximate Number of Questions and Percentage
Here are the list of topics covered for the test
- Health Education as a Discipline – 20 questions which is 16% of the test
- Health Promotion and Prevention of Injury and Disease - 36 questions which is 30% of the test
- Healthy Relationships and Mental and Emotional Health - 36 questions which is 30% of the test
- Community Health and Advocacy – 14 questions which is 12% of the test
- Health Education Pedagogy – 14 questions which is 12% of the test
Candidates are highly encourage to study the following topics.
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080