Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination Information
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002
NYSTCE Multi Subject Examination Overview This exam is initiated to test the teachers’ competency...
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080
NYSTCE Communication and Quantitative Skills Examination Overview New York State Education board conducts...
- NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Examination Overview NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam...
- NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074
NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Examination Overview NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Exam is an assessment...
- NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam Study Guide Overview The Social Studies subjects has always been the...
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060
NYSTCE Students with Disabilities Examination Overview NYSTCE Students with Disabilities exam seeks...
- NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079
NYSTCE Visual Arts Examination Overview NYSTCE Visual Arts Exam seeks to certify New York teachers...
- Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination InformationPraxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination Information
Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination General Information The Education of Young...
- Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination InformationPraxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination Information
Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination General Information The English...
- Praxis II Health Education (5551) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Health Education (5551) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination General Information The Health Education test is designed...
Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination General Information
The Educational Testing Service conducts the Praxis II Citizenship Education Exam in order to evaluate educators’ skills and capabilities needed in the subject matter. Passing the Praxis II Citizenship Education Exam grants educators certifications that are needed to teach in any state in the USA. The exam is a content knowledge test that is designed to determine whether the examinee has the knowledge and skills necessary for a beginning teacher of citizenship education in a secondary school.
Eligibility for Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Exam
To be eligible to take the Praxis II Citizenship Education exam, applicants are required to comply with certain eligibility conditions presented by the ETS board. Applicants should have a bachelor degree from any state of national university. Applicants should also complete the appropriate coursework in the education. In the off chance that the applicant should fail in the exam, he/she is given a chance to retake it but only after a period of 30 days.
Format of Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Exam
The Praxis II Business Education Exam is composed of 120 multiple-choice questions. Examinees are given 120 minutes to complete the exam, hence applicants should keep in mind that one minute should be enough in answering one question. There is no penalty for incorrect answers thus examinees should aim to answer all the questions. Most of the questions, about 60 percent, are knowledge, recall, and/or recognition questions while the remaining 40 percent, more or less, are higher-order thinking questions.
Syllabus of Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Exam
Listed below is the coverage for the Praxis II Citizenship Education Exam with the possible number of questions on the certain topic that are to appear in the exam.
- United States History (22%) – 27 questions – North American cultures prior to European colonization, development of European Colonies, interaction with Native Americans, origins of the American Revolution, United States Constitution and Bill of Rights
- World History (22%) – 27 questions – formation of the classical civilizations, spread of religion, developments in Europe, nationalism, imperialism, the World Wars, Cold War, etc.
- Government/Civics/Political Science (22%) – 27 questions – Political Theory, aspects of United States Government and Politics, aspects of Comparative Politics and International Relations
- Geography (17%) – 19-20 questions – maps, mental maps, spatial patterns, geographic data, spatial concepts, Earth’s ecosystems, interrelations of humans and their environments, etc.
- Economics (17%) – 19-20 questions – Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
A study guide will definitely help an examinee cover up for topics where he/she is having a hard time with.
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080