Praxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Examination Information
- Praxis II Middle School: Mathematics (5169) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Middle School: Mathematics (5169) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Middle School Mathematics (5169) Exam General Information The Middle School Mathematics...
- Praxis II Middle School: Science (5440) Examination FormatPraxis II Middle School: Science (5440) Examination Format
Praxis II Middle School Science (5440) Exam General Information The Middle School Science test is...
- Praxis II Middle School English Language Arts (5047) Examination IdeasPraxis II Middle School English Language Arts (5047) Examination Ideas
Praxis II Middle School: English Language Arts (5047) Exam General Information The Middle School English...
- Praxis II Middle School: Social Studies (5089) Test SyllabusPraxis II Middle School: Social Studies (5089) Test Syllabus
Praxis II Middle School Social Studies (5089) Exam General Information The Middle School: Social Studies...
Praxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Exam Study Guide
The Educational Testing Service presents the Praxis II Middle School Exam to educators in order to evaluate their skills and capabilities needed in teaching middle school students. Passing the Praxis II Middle School Exam grants the educators certifications that are allow them to teach in any state in the USA in which they applied. Each state has a different score requirement to pass hence applicants should consider which sections he/she should put more focus on so as to easily obtain a certification. The Praxis II Middle School Exam challenges the educator’s practical knowledge in four different subject areas.
Eligibility for Praxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Exam
To be eligible to appear for the Praxis II Middle School exam, applicants are required to comply with certain eligibility conditions required by the ETS board. Applicants should have a bachelor degree from any state of national university. Applicants should also complete the appropriate coursework in the education. If the applicant should fail in the exam, he/she is given a chance to retake it but only after a period of 30 days.
Format of Praxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Exam
The Praxis II Middle School Exam is composed of 120 selected-response questions and examinees are given 2 hours to attempt the exam. The questions of the Praxis II Middle School Exam come from the four main subjects in middle school: Literature and Language Studies; Mathematics; History/Social Studies; and Science. There are an equal number of questions for each main subject (30 questions each) contributing to 25% of the total score for each subject, however, the test may contain some questions that will be recorded in the total score.
Use of non-programmable calculators is permitted.
Syllabus of Praxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Exam
In the Praxis II Middle School Exam, each major subject has its own different topics that are to be covered in the exam. These topics have different weightings and have different numbers of questions.
The Literature and Language Studies portion of the exam covers:
- Literary Concepts
- Assumptions and conventions of primary literary genres
- Approaches to reading and interpreting literature
Language and Linguistics (30%)
- Basic Stages of Language development
- Historical and Cultural influences on the evolution of standard American English
- Principles of linguistics in analyzing various textual contexts
- Integration of language across disciplines
Oral and Written Communication (35%)
- Application of communication skills to analysis and production of written text
- Application of communication to analysis of oral discourse
- Retrieval of information from print and non-print sources
- Interpretation of the written reports of research
The Mathematics section of the exam covers:
Number sense and numeration (20%)
- Meaning/Implication of number and number concepts
- Relationships in both two and three dimensions
- Drawing inferences based on precepts/concepts of parallelism, perpendicularity, congruence and similarity, angle measures, and polygons.
- Application of standard units of both the English and metric systems
Algebraic concepts (10%)
- Applying algebraic concepts and properties
- Patterns by writing or identifying a formula
Number theory (10%)
The real number system and its subsystems (20%)
Probability and statistics (15%)
- Valid and invalid inferences
- Solving basic problems
- Probability and statistics
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- Praxis II Middle School: Science (5440) Examination Format