FTCE Professional Education Exam
- FTCE General Knowledge TestFTCE General Knowledge Test
FTCE Florida General Knowledge Test Study Guide The General Knowledge Test (GK) is a general requirement...
- FTCE Preschool Education Birth-Age 4 TestFTCE Preschool Education Birth-Age 4 Test
FTCE Florida Preschool Education (Birth-Age 4) Examination Information Preschool Education is a very...
FTCE Florida Professional Education Test Information
The Professional Education Test (GK) is a general requirement for acquiring a professional certification in any subject area. The Florida Department of Education allows educators to choose one out of three options to acquire a professional certification.
- First, the educators could have a B.S. in Education with a specialization.
- Second, the educators could have a Master’s degree in Education with a specialization.
- Third, the educators could have :
- 15-20 credits of education courses
- Passed all three parts of the Florida Teacher Certification Exam. (FTCE)
- Subject Area Exam (SAE) (for e.g. health, physics, agriculture exam)
- Professional Education Test (PEd)
- General Knowledge Test (GK)
- Professional Educator Competencies (PEC) – to be completed while teaching
- 2 years of full-time teaching – to be completed while teaching
(Taking the test is optional for temporary certification applicants but is necessary for educators applying for professional certification who have no specialization.)
Examination Format of FTCE Florida Professional Education Test
The FTCE Professional Education Test covers general topics on the principles of teaching and education. Listed below are fourteen topics that are to appear in the exam. Beside it are percentage values that represent the number of questions on the certain topic in the exam.
- Assessment -9%
- Communications -9%
- Continuous Improvement -5%
- Critical Thinking -9%
- Diversity -7%
- Ethics -5%
- Human Development and Learning -9%
- Subject Matter -5%
- Learning Environment -9%
- Planning -9%
- Role of the Teacher -7%
- Technology -5%
- Foundations of Education -5%
- English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) -7%
There are 120 multiple-choice questions in the exam and the examinee is given 150 minutes to attempt the test. The questions are of different formats such as:
- Sentence Completion
- Direct Question
A study guide that is specifically made for this exam is strongly recommended for applicants since it will greatly improve an educator’s performance in the exam. With hard-work and determination, it would be very possible to ace the exam on the first attempt.
Alternative Help from FTCE Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for FTCE exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Florida state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for FTCE Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of ftce test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.
- FTCE Preschool Education Birth-Age 4 Test