Esthetician Test Details for the Exam
Esthetician Examination Preparation Tool
Esthetician is a cosmetologist who focuses in skin care. An esthetician can perform apply of makeup, facials and microdermabrasion treatments. Body wraps, wax eyebrows, as well as administer aromatherapy treatments. Totally, estheticians are involved in all aspects for caring and beautifying a person’s skin.
Candidates for Esthetician Examination should be able to meet the following requirements in order for them to be legible in participating the examination:
• High school diploma or the GED equivalent as a prerequisite to licensure as an esthetician
• Minimum of 300 hours of training in an accredited esthetician or cosmetology program before taking an esthetician licensing examination
• Apply for a full cosmetology license in addition to an esthetician license, in order to enhance and broaden career prospects.
Categories for the Examination
Questions and their respective values on the esthetician licensing examination are divided into two categories as follows:
• Scientific concepts for 60 percent of the examination
• Esthetics practices for 40 percent of the examination
Candidates will be given 90 minutes to complete the examination and can reasonably answer questions on these following topics:
• Terminology related to cosmetic procedures
• Face and body treatments
• Color theory and makeup application
• Hair removal procedures
• The use of electrical devices
• Appropriate uses for masks
• Massage manipulations and their effects
• Extraction procedures
Esthetician Exam is exciting and comprehensive exam for men and women candidates wishing to be professional in this field. Thus studying about the given topics are highly recommended for the candidates to be successful in their exams.