Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Subject Test Information
- Praxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Examination General Information The Praxis...
- Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Examination General Information The Interdisciplinary...
- Praxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Subject Test SyllabusPraxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Subject Test Syllabus
Praxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Exam General Information The Content Knowledge...
- Praxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091)Examination IdeasPraxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091)Examination Ideas
Praxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091) Exam Study Guide The Educational Testing Service...
- Praxis II Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531) Examination SyllabusPraxis II Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531) Examination Syllabus
Praxis II Pre-kindergarten Education (5531) Examination General Information The Education Testing...
- Praxis II Professional School Counselor (5421) Examination FormatPraxis II Professional School Counselor (5421) Examination Format
Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Early Childhood (5621) Exam General Information The...
- Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Examination IdeasPraxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Examination Ideas
Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Exam General Information The Social Studies:...
- Praxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Examination IdeasPraxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Examination Ideas
Praxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Exam General Information The Praxis Teaching...
- Praxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Test FormatPraxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Test Format
Praxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Exam General Information The Praxis Teaching Reading test is designed...
Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Exam General Information
The Technology Education test is designed for candidates seeking certification as a middle school or high school teacher. The test focuses on the knowledge and skills a teacher must have to support the technology education curriculum. It incorporates essential concepts from the Technological Literacy Standards prepared by the International Technology and Engineering Educators Association (ITEEA). In addition, the test reflects concepts from the International Society for Technology Standards for Teachers (ISTE® Standards•T).
Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Examination Format
The Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Exam includes 120 selected-response type questions and examinees are given 2 hours to complete the exam. The 120 selected-response questions cover topics in technology education, including knowledge of information and communication; construction, manufacturing, and energy/power/transportation technologies; and the impact of these areas on individuals, the environment, and society. The test taker is required to apply pedagogical and professional knowledge to answer questions focused on the individual understanding and application of current technology education principles. This test may contain some questions that will not count toward your score.
Examination Coverage with its Approximate Number of Questions and Percentage
The Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Exam covers:
Technology and Society (18 questions – 15%)
- Understands the nature of technology, technology education, and technological literacy
- Understands how invention and innovation occur, how they are influenced by cultural and economic factors, and how they are built on existing technologies
- Understands how technological development is influenced by knowledge from other fields of study, especially mathematics and the sciences
Engineering or Technological Design and Problem Solving (24 questions – 20%)
- Understands how to implement and document the steps of a design process
- Knows how to select and use tools—especially software—in a design process, including the creation, testing, evaluation, and communication of solutions
- Understands how to identify a problem and define design requirements (criteria and constraints)
Energy, Power, and Transportation (18 questions – 15%)
- Understands and knows how to utilize various types of control systems (e.g., electrical, chemical, mechanical)
- Knows how to apply mathematical and scientific principles to solve problems involving the harness, transfer, loss, transmission, and conversion of power and energy
- Understands energy utilization systems (e.g., internal combustion, external combustion, hybrid)
Information and Communication Technologies (18 questions – 15%)
- Understands major concepts and terminology related to information systems
- Given a communications problem or task, can identify and knows how to use appropriate tools and materials, especially software and hardware, to address it
- Knows how to use operating systems, software applications, communication devices, and networking components in the classroom/laboratory
Manufacturing and Construction Technologies (18 questions – 15%)
- Knows the management functions used in construction and manufacturing (e.g., planning, organizing, directing)
- Knows how to apply a systems model to manufacturing and construction processes (inputs, processes, outputs, feedback)
- Knows the key concepts associated with the efficiency of production (e.g., automation, interchangeable parts, just-in-time inventory)
Pedagogical and Professional Studies (24 questions – 20%)
- For a technology education program, knows how to create and implement a curriculum based on state and national standards (e.g., Standards for Technological Literacy)
- Knows how to select appropriate instructional content and develop learning activities
- Knows how to choose, adapt, and implement instructional strategies appropriate to both the content and the level at which the content is being taught
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject Assessments