NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for Social Studies 005
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002NYSTCE Teaching Certification Assessment Details for Multi-Subject 002
NYSTCE Multi Subject Examination Overview This exam is initiated to test the teachers’ competency...
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080
NYSTCE Communication and Quantitative Skills Examination Overview New York State Education board conducts...
- NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072NYSTCE Teacher Certification Test Information for Family and Consumer Sciences 072
NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Examination Overview NYSTCE Family and Consumer Sciences Exam...
- NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074NYSTCE New York State Test Information for Library Media Specialist 074
NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Examination Overview NYSTCE Library Media Specialist Exam is an assessment...
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060NYSTCE Licensure Test Facts for Students with Disabilities 060
NYSTCE Students with Disabilities Examination Overview NYSTCE Students with Disabilities exam seeks...
- NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079NYSTCE New York Educator Test Details for Visual Arts 079
NYSTCE Visual Arts Examination Overview NYSTCE Visual Arts Exam seeks to certify New York teachers...
- Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination InformationPraxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination Information
Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge (5087) Examination General Information The Educational...
- Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination InformationPraxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination Information
Praxis II Education of Young Children (5024) Examination General Information The Education of Young...
- Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination InformationPraxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination Information
Praxis II English to Speakers of Other Languages (5361) Examination General Information The English...
- Praxis II Health Education (5551) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Health Education (5551) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Health Education (5551) Examination General Information The Health Education test is designed...
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam Study Guide Overview
The Social Studies subjects has always been the foundation of students’ knowledge learned from our civic society before and the latter period. Teachers have also become more interested in undergoing training for a more effective way of imparting information to classes. With that, the New York Educators board comes up with an assessment called the NYSTCE Social Studies Exam for the educators of public schools in this field. This helps the examinees analyzes a wide range of current social, political, legal, ethical, environmental and educational and issues. The registration can be made online through the NY education board or offline also. Candidate should note that computer-based testing is available from Monday to Saturday, in single schedule.
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam – Admission
There will be an initial level and a professional level in the exam. Requirements for New York Teacher Certification Examinations Library Social Studies Exam are stated that the applicant must be a bachelor degree holder from a national or state university and attend the two-hour workshop of prevention of school violence an also the child abuse identification program. A passing mark must be obtained in order to qualify further into the professional level.
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam – Presentation
The NYSTCE Secondary Assessment of Teaching Skills Exam will be composed of 90 multiple choice questions and one subjective question within the evaluative scale range of 300, out of which 220 will be the minimum marks required for the qualification. Candidate must answer as many questions as they can as there is no negative marking for wrong answer and if ever he/ she fails to reach 220 marks, he/ she can appear again for the next assessment after the lapse of 30 days.
NYSTCE Social Studies Exam – Course Outline
The topics discussed are:
• 35% History - US History, terms and concepts of history, human rights, World History
• 16% Government and Citizenship – US foreign policy and election process, political issues, democratic government operation
• 15% Geography – human culture and evolution of US history, geographical concept, relationship between physical process and human activity
• 12% Skills of Social Studies – judgments and conclusions, visual resources, research methodologies
• 12% Economics - economic system, concepts and terms of economics, role of government in US economic system
*10% weightings in the exam will be from the open-ended questions of the topic “history”
Alternative Help from NYSTCE Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for NYSTCE exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for New York state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for NYSTCE Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of NYSTCE test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE Teaching Certification Information for Communication and Quantitative Skills 080