NES School Library Media Specialist Test
- NES Special Education TestNES Special Education Test
Latest NES Special Education (601) for 2015-2016 NES Special Education (601) Test is for candidates...
- NES Physical Education TestNES Physical Education Test
NES Physical Education (506) Examination Preparation NES Physical Education (506) is a test for candidates...
- Preparation Help for NES NES Music (504) Test using ebooks|tutors| exam info - Learn More About Your ExamPreparation Help for NES NES Music (504) Test using ebooks|tutors| exam info - Learn More About Your Exam
NES Music (504) Examination Updated Version If teaching Music is your field then you are required...
- Coverage and Topics for NES Health with ebooks | tutors | quality coursesCoverage and Topics for NES Health with ebooks | tutors | quality courses
NES Health Exam Testing Information NES Health (505) is a K-12 Assessment for candidates aspiring...
- NES English to Speakers of Other Languages Test Helping Tools to PrepareNES English to Speakers of Other Languages Test Helping Tools to Prepare
Information About New 2014/2015 NES ESOL 507 Certification Test The 3-hour National Evaluation Series...
- Take Your NES Art Test Efficiently With the Practical NES Exam Prep ResourcesTake Your NES Art Test Efficiently With the Practical NES Exam Prep Resources
The NES or National Evaluation Series is one of the prominent teaching certifications administered in...
- NES School Counselor TestNES School Counselor Test
Latest Revision of Information for NES School Counselor (501) Test NES School Counselor Test is for...
Latest NES School Library Media Specialist (502) for 2015-2016
NES School Library Media Specialist (502) is a test for candidates aspiring as teachers in NES School Library Media Specialist (502). The examination will be for three hours and all test takers must submit their examination sheets on or before the three hours mark once taking the exam. $95 is the examination fee for this exam. Candidates should obtain the 220 national benchmark score to get the certification. Passing scores can be checked on the states of Arizona, New Mexico and Oregon. A scaled score is provided immediately after the test. Reports of the scores will be released within two weeks of testing.
Topics for Your Examination
Listed below are the main topics with their respected subtopics. This lists will help test takers lessen the scope of their study and can help them focus on the topics listed below. It is highly motivated that candidates must scan their stock knowledge ahead of time to avoid time pressure and anxiety.
The Library Media Program
• The role of the library media program and its relationship to the total school program and to information resources and services beyond the school
• The roles and responsibilities of the school library media specialist and strategies for ongoing professional growth and development
• Strategies for communicating and collaborating with members of the school community to promote information literacy
Promoting Information Literacy Skills
• Basic principles of child development, curriculum development, and instructional design and how to apply this understanding to provide appropriate information resources and services for diverse groups of students
• Strategies for creating a student-centered library environment that promotes the habit of lifelong learning and facilities intellectual and physical access for all students to information, literature, and ideas
• The types, characteristics, and uses of various information and technological resources; the types and characteristics of literature for children and young adults; and strategies for promoting literacy.
• Information literacy skills and methods and materials for facilitating the development of these skills
• Principles and procedures of collection development and the management and organization of information, materials, equipment, and technological resources in the library media program.
• Principles, policies, and procedures related to the management of human, financial, and physical resources of the library media program.
• Methods for engaging in comprehensive and collaborative planning, assessment, and evaluation of the library media program
Coverage of Your Test with Percentage
Proper time handling during your study would be the key to ace the exam during your review period. Giving high allocation of time spend in studying to heavy part of the exam will be a big plus! Here are the list of main topics with their respected weighted percentage.
The Library Media Program which covers 30% of the examination
Promoting Information Literacy Skills which covers 40% of the examination
Program Administration which covers 30% of the examinationSort by:Show:
- NES Physical Education Test