Ace your NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction (104) Exam - Prepare with top used reviewer | courses| books | tutors, View Topics and Examination Coverage
- Get Help for the NES Elementary Education Test from the Best Producers of Test Preparation ToolsGet Help for the NES Elementary Education Test from the Best Producers of Test Preparation Tools
National Evaluation Series Elementary Education The certification exam NES is one of the available...
- NES Early Childhood Education Examination Preparatory Topics and Coverage with Learning ebooks | tutors | Helping toolsNES Early Childhood Education Examination Preparatory Topics and Coverage with Learning ebooks | tutors | Helping tools
Exam Overview for NES Early Childhood Education A Computer Based Test (CBT) composed of 150 multiple-choice...
Excellent NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction (104) for 2015-2016
Your upcoming NES Essential Components of Elementary Reading Instruction Test for 2015-2016 is fast approaching. This examination is handled every year round. Candidates wanting to take the test should take to consider that test appointments are done on a first-come, first-serve basis. The examination is computer based test with 150 multiple-choice questions with a testing time limit of three hours. The passing score is 220 which is the National Benchmark score too. You can check your scores after the exam in New Mexico and Washington. Testing fee is $95 and a scaled score is provided immediately after testing; score reports are released within two weeks of testing.
Examination Topics - Preparation Guide for Test Takers
Listed below are the topics covered for the exam. Candidates wishing to got top notch score is highly encourage to review within this topics. Enrolling in a review center for preparing for the exam is an advantage too. If you want to learn and self study you can have resources like books and ebooks available for sale which can give you great percentage of passing the test. Here are the topics:
Foundations of Reading an Alphabetic Language
• Oral language development and development of phonological awareness, including phonemic awareness
• Development of concepts of print, letter knowledge, and letter-sound correspondence
• Assessment of students' development in oral language, phonological awareness, phonemic awareness, concepts of print, letter knowledge, and letter-sound correspondence
Word Analysis and Fluency Development
• Development of phonics, sight words, morphology, and spelling at beginning stages of reading and writing development (i.e., reading and writing primarily single-syllable words.)
• Development of sight words and word analysis, including spelling, at more advanced stages of reading and writing development.
• Development of fluency at all stages of reading development (i.e., from letter naming to word reading to reading connected text)
• Assessment of students with respect to their development in word analysis (i.e., knowledge and skills in phonics, sight words, morphology, syllabication, spelling, and orthography) and fluency at all stages of reading development.
Vocabulary and Comprehension Development
• Vocabulary development
• Development of academic language (i.e., the language of books, test and other formal oral and written discourse) and background knowledge
• Development of reading comprehension and comprehension strategies
• Assessment of students with respect to development of vocabulary, academic language, background knowledge, comprehension, and comprehension strategies
Reading Different Types of Text
• Literary/narrative texts and the development of comprehension and analysis of literary/narrative texts.
• Informational/expository texts, the development of comprehension and analysis of information/expository texts, and the development of study and research skills
• Assessment of students with respect to their comprehension and analysis of literary/narrative and informative/expository texts and the development of study and research skills
The Literate Environment and the Classroom Reading Professional
• Essential components of a classroom environment that supports and promotes literacy development
• Research foundations, professional knowledge, and ongoing professional development related to reading instruction in K-6 classrooms
Test Coverage With Weighted Percentage
From the topics above, here are the weighted percentage for each main topics. This list will give candidates the scope for their study which can help them proper time allocation of studying for each topics.
Foundations of Reading an Alphabetic Language which covers 19% of the examination
World Analysis and Fluency Development which covers 25% of the examination
Vocabulary and Comprehension Development which covers 25% of the examination
Reading Different Types of Text which covers 19% of the examination
The Literate Environment and the Classroom which covers 12% of the examination
- NES Early Childhood Education Examination Preparatory Topics and Coverage with Learning ebooks | tutors | Helping tools