Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) Test
- Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) TestPraxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) Test
Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) Exam Study Guide The Education...
- Praxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Examination FormatPraxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Examination Format
Praxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Exam General Information The Special...
Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) Exam General Information
The Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications test is designed for examinees who plan to teach students with mild to moderate disabilities at any grade level from preschool through grade 12. Its focus is on five major content areas: Development and Characteristics of Learners, Planning and the Learning Environment, Instruction, Assessment, and Foundations and Professional Responsibilities.
Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) Examination Format
The 90 selected-response questions assess the knowledge and understanding of principles and practices related to special education and mild to moderate applications. The three constructed-response questions are integrated ones that assess an examinee’s knowledge of students with mild to moderate disabilities as related to instruction and assessment, learning environment and classroom management, and collaboration. Examinees are given 120 minutes to complete the exam.
Some of the questions on this test may not count toward your score.
Examination Coverage with its Approximate Number of Questions and Percentage
The Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) Exam covers:
Development and Characteristics of Learners (17 questions -14%)
- Human development and behaviour
- Theoretical approaches to student learning and motivation
- Impact of language, cultural, and gender differences on the identification process
- Environmental and societal influences on student development and achievement
Planning and the Learning Environment (20 questions -17%)
- Characteristics of good lesson plans
- Learning objectives that are measurable and appropriately challenging
- Organizing the learning environment
- Design and maintenance of a safe and supportive classroom environment that promotes student achievement
Instruction (20 questions -17%)
- Instructional strategies for ensuring individual academic success in one-to-one, small group, and large group settings
- Selection and implementation of research-based interventions for individual students
- Instructional strategies/techniques that support transition goals
- Preventive strategies and intervention strategies for at-risk learners
Assessment (17 questions -14%)
- Evidence-based assessments that are effective and appropriate
- Defines and uses various assessments
- Interprets assessment results
- Understands and uses the results of assessments
Foundations and Professional Responsibilities (16 questions -13%)
- Federal definitions
- Federal requirements for the pre-referral, referral, and identification
- Federal safeguards of the rights of stakeholders
- Components of a legally defensible individualized education program
Integrated Constructed-response Questions (3 questions -25%)
- Instruction and Assessment
- Learning environment and classroom management
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.
- Praxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Examination Format