Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) Test
- Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) TestPraxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) Test
Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Mild to Moderate Applications (5543) Exam General Information The...
- Praxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Examination FormatPraxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Examination Format
Praxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Exam General Information The Special...
Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) Exam Study Guide
The Education Testing Service (ETS) board conducts the Praxis II series in order to certify capable educators. These certifications allow educators to teach in any state they applied for. The Praxis II Series assesses an educator’s skills and capabilities that are needed in teaching the subject/s. Educators who wish to teach to disabled or incapable students may take the Praxis II Special Education. The Praxis II Special Education Exam challenges the educator’s practical knowledge and skills crucial for teaching in five different categories.
Eligibility for Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) Exam
To be eligible to take the Praxis II Special Education exam, applicants are required to comply with certain eligibility conditions required by the ETS board. Applicants should have a bachelor degree from any state of national university. Applicants should also complete the appropriate coursework in the education. If the applicant should fail in the exam, he/she is given a chance to retake it but only after a period of 30 days.
Format of Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) Exam
The Praxis II Sociology Exam is composed of 120 selected-response questions and examinees are given 2 hours to attempt the exam. These questions are grouped into five different sections with different exam percentages. These categories are:
- Development and Characteristics of Learners - 16%
- Planning and the Learning Environment - 23%
- Instruction - 23%
- Assessment - 18%
- Foundations and Professional Responsibilities - 20%
Syllabus of Praxis II Special Education: Core Knowledge and Applications (5354) Exam
The Development and Characteristics of Learners section of the exam covers: Human development and behaviour; theoretical approaches to student learning and motivation; impact of disabilities on individuals, families, and society across the life span; co-occurring conditions; environmental and societal influences on student development and achievement. -20 questions
• The Planning and the Learning Environment section of the exam covers: Characteristics of good lesson plans; Basic elements of effective lesson plans; Learning objectives that are measureable and appropriately challenging; means of providing access to the curriculum organizing the learning environment. – 27 questions
• The Instruction section of the exam covers: Instructional strategies that facilitate maintenance and generalization of concepts; selection and implementation of research-based interventions for individual students; options for assistive technology; preventive strategies and intervention strategies for at-risk learners. – 27 questions
• The Assessment section of the exam covers: evidence-based assessments that are effective and appropriate; define and use various assessments; interpret assessment results; and understand and use the results of assessments. – 22 questions
• The Foundations and Professional Responsibilities section of the exam covers: Federal definitions; federal requirements for the pre-referral, referral, and identification; federal safeguard of the rights of stakeholders; major legislation; roles and responsibilities of the special education teacher; communication with stakeholders; potential bias issues that may impact teaching and interacting with students and their families. - 24 questions
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.
- Praxis II Special Education: Preschool/Early Childhood (5691) Examination Format