Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Examination Ideas
- Praxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Examination General Information The Praxis...
- Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Examination General Information The Interdisciplinary...
- Praxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Subject Test SyllabusPraxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Subject Test Syllabus
Praxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Exam General Information The Content Knowledge...
- Praxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091)Examination IdeasPraxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091)Examination Ideas
Praxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091) Exam Study Guide The Educational Testing Service...
- Praxis II Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531) Examination SyllabusPraxis II Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531) Examination Syllabus
Praxis II Pre-kindergarten Education (5531) Examination General Information The Education Testing...
- Praxis II Professional School Counselor (5421) Examination FormatPraxis II Professional School Counselor (5421) Examination Format
Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Early Childhood (5621) Exam General Information The...
- Praxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Examination IdeasPraxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Examination Ideas
Praxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Exam General Information The Praxis Teaching...
- Praxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Test FormatPraxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Test Format
Praxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Exam General Information The Praxis Teaching Reading test is designed...
- Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Subject Test InformationPraxis II Technology Education (5051) Subject Test Information
Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Exam General Information The Technology Education test is designed...
Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Exam General Information
The Social Studies: Content and Interpretation test assesses the knowledge and skills necessary for a beginning secondary school social studies teacher. The test is based on the understanding and application of social studies knowledge, concepts, methodologies, and skills across the fields of United States History, World History, Government/Civics, Geography, Economics, and Behavioral Sciences. Some of the selected-response and all of the short-essay questions are interdisciplinary, reflecting the complex relationship among the social studies fields. Some questions are based on interpreting stimulus material such as written passages, maps, charts, graphs, tables, cartoons, diagrams, and photographs.
Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Examination Format
The Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Exam consists of 90 selected-response questions (Part A) and 3 constructed-response questions (short-answer essays) (Part B). Examinees are given 120 minutes to complete the exam. The three equally weighted short-answer/essay questions will focus on important historical events and issues as well as on fundamental social studies concepts. These questions, which should take about 10 minutes each to complete and will together comprise 25 percent of the examinee’s score, will emphasize the exercise of critical thinking skills, requiring the reading and interpreting of social studies materials (such as maps, charts, quotations); drawing inferences from such materials; and placing these materials in their historical, geographical, political, and economic contexts. The 90 equally weighted selected-response questions will constitute 75 percent of the examinee’s score.
Examination Coverage with its Approximate Number of Questions and Percentage
The Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Exam covers:
United States History (18 items – 15%)
- North American geography, peoples, and cultures prior to European colonization
- Origins of the American Revolution and its impact on the founding of the United States
- United States Constitution and Bill of Rights
- Causes and consequences of territorial expansion of the United States
- Impact of race, gender, and ethnicity throughout American history
- How participants in the political process engage in politics and shape policy
- Struggles and achievements of individuals and groups for greater political and civil rights throughout United States history
World History (18 items – 15%)
- Formation, organization, and interactions of the classical civilizations
- Major political, social and economic developments in Europe from the Renaissance through the Enlightenment
- Major developments of the post-Cold War world
- Technological innovations and adaptations
- Roles of major world religions in shaping societies and effecting major historical turning points
Government/Civics (18 items – 15%)
- Political theory
- United States government and politics
- Comparative politics and international relations
Geography (13 items – 11%)
- Map types and projections
- Mental maps
- Recognizing and interpreting spatial patterns
- Locating and using sources of geographic data
- Spatial concepts
- Characteristics and spatial distribution of Earth’s ecosystems
- Patterns of migration and settlement
- Political geography
Economics (13 items – 11%)
Behavioural Sciences (10 items – 8%)
- Human behaviour
- Culture and cultural change, human adaptation, and diversity
- Individual behaviour
Short Content Essays (3 items -25%)
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of Praxis test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject Assessments