Praxis II Pre-Kindergarten Education (5531) Examination Syllabus
- Praxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Fundamental Subjects: Content Knowledge (5511) Examination General Information The Praxis...
- Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Examination General Information The Interdisciplinary...
- Praxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Subject Test SyllabusPraxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Subject Test Syllabus
Praxis II Physical Education: Content and Design (5095) Exam General Information The Content Knowledge...
- Praxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091)Examination IdeasPraxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091)Examination Ideas
Praxis II Physical Education: Content Knowledge (5091) Exam Study Guide The Educational Testing Service...
- Praxis II Professional School Counselor (5421) Examination FormatPraxis II Professional School Counselor (5421) Examination Format
Praxis II Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Early Childhood (5621) Exam General Information The...
- Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Examination IdeasPraxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Examination Ideas
Praxis II Social Studies: Content and Interpretation (5086) Exam General Information The Social Studies:...
- Praxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Examination IdeasPraxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Examination Ideas
Praxis II Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) Exam General Information The Praxis Teaching...
- Praxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Test FormatPraxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Test Format
Praxis II Teaching Reading (5204) Exam General Information The Praxis Teaching Reading test is designed...
- Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Subject Test InformationPraxis II Technology Education (5051) Subject Test Information
Praxis II Technology Education (5051) Exam General Information The Technology Education test is designed...
Praxis II Pre-kindergarten Education (5531) Examination General Information
The Education Testing Service (ETS) board conducts the Praxis II series in order to certify qualified educators. Certifications granted allow educators to teach in any state they applied for. The Praxis II Series assesses an educator’s skills and capabilities that are needed in teaching the subject. Educators who wish to teach at a prekindergarten institution may take the Praxis II Prekindergarten Education Exam in order to attain the required marks needed to teach in a certain state. The Praxis II Prekindergarten Education Exam challenges the educator’s practical knowledge on the subject area in five different sections.
Eligibility for Praxis II Pre-kindergarten Education (5531) Exam
Aspiring educators should first comply with the eligibility conditions listed by the board in order to be able to take the Praxis II Prekindergarten Education Exam. Applicants are required to have an educational background with a bachelor degree from any state or national university. Applicants must also complete the appropriate coursework for the subject to qualify for the certification and if the applicant should fail in the exam, he/she is given a chance to retake it but only after a period of 30 days.
Format of Praxis II Pre-kindergarten Education (5531) Exam
The Praxis II Economics Exam is composed of 100 multiple-choice questions and examinees are given 2 hours to attempt the exam. These questions are grouped into five different categories that correspond to a certain teaching approach for prekindergarten students. These categories are: Early Childhood Development; Teaching and Supporting Diverse Children; Creating a Developmentally Appropriate Learning Environment; Teaching and Learning: Instructional Process, Content Knowledge, Assessment; and Professionalism, Family, and Community. The exam may contain test questions that do not count toward the total score.
Syllabus of Praxis II Pre-kindergarten Education (5531) Exam
Listed below is the coverage for the Praxis II Prekindergarten Education Exam. The approximate number of questions and subject weighting is also noted.
Early Childhood Development – 17 questions (17%)
- Typical progression in each developmental domain of children from age 2 – 5
- External factors that influence physical, cognitive, social and emotional development
- Theories of family and community and how they impact child development
- Major theories of learning connecting to early childhood practice
- Individual characteristics of a child that influences all domains of development
Teaching and Supporting Diverse Children - 14 questions (14%)
- Areas of exceptionality
- Implications of current federal legislation relating to children with exceptionalities
- Variety of approaches for accommodating children with diverse learning needs
- Integrating a multicultural and an antibias curriculum into the early childhood environment
Creating a Developmentally Appropriate Learning Environment - 20 questions (20%)
- Need for displaying critical health and safety information and procedures
- Creating a literacy-rich environment
- Importance of health and safety
Teaching and Learning - 25 questions (25%)
- Role of standards and frameworks in instructional planning
- Scope and sequence affecting instructional planning
- Variety of instructional methods that encourage higher-level thinking
- Techniques to support children’s learning
- Developmentally appropriate content knowledge in education children from ages 2-5
- Selecting and using resources and materials to support development across the curriculum
- Integrating the arts throughout the curriculum
- Integrating physical health and wellness in the curriculum
- Formal and informal assessment to inform the instructional process
- Distinctions among the purposes of the different types of assessments
- Creating, selecting, and appropriately using a variety of assessments
- Interpreting assessment results and conveying the meaning of the results to children, parents/caregivers, and school personnel
Professionalism, Family, and Community - 24 questions (24%)
- Skills needed for respectful and effective communication
- Major policies related to the rights and responsibilities of teachers and children
- Ethical responsibilities in a professional context
- Role of professional development resources
- Methods for partnering with families in the educational process
- Ways to partner with the community in the educational process
- Advocating for children
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- Praxis II Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023) Subject Assessments