Praxis II Middle School: Science (5440) Examination Format
- Praxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Examination InformationPraxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Examination Information
Praxis II Middle School: Content Knowledge (5146) Exam Study Guide The Educational Testing Service...
- Praxis II Middle School English Language Arts (5047) Examination IdeasPraxis II Middle School English Language Arts (5047) Examination Ideas
Praxis II Middle School: English Language Arts (5047) Exam General Information The Middle School English...
- Praxis II Middle School: Mathematics (5169) Subject AssessmentsPraxis II Middle School: Mathematics (5169) Subject Assessments
Praxis II Middle School Mathematics (5169) Exam General Information The Middle School Mathematics...
- Praxis II Middle School: Social Studies (5089) Test SyllabusPraxis II Middle School: Social Studies (5089) Test Syllabus
Praxis II Middle School Social Studies (5089) Exam General Information The Middle School: Social Studies...
Praxis II Middle School Science (5440) Exam General Information
The Middle School Science test is designed to measure the knowledge and competencies necessary for a beginning teacher of middle school science. Examinees have typically completed or nearly completed a bachelor’s degree program with appropriate coursework in science and education.
The development of the test questions and the construction of the test reflect the National Science Education Standards (NSES) and the National Science Teacher Association (NSTA) standards and recognize that there are conceptual and procedural schemes that unify the various scientific disciplines. These fundamental concepts and processes (systems; models; constancy and change; equilibrium; form and function) are useful in understanding the natural world. Insofar as possible, then, the test questions will have the primary objective of evaluating the content areas by using questions that focus on conceptual understanding, critical thinking, and problem solving in science. The test content is developed and reviewed in collaboration with practicing middle school science teachers, teacher-educators, and higher education content specialists to keep the test updated and representative of current standards.
Praxis II Middle School Science (5440) Examination Format
The 125 selected-response questions include concepts, terms, phenomena, methods, applications, data analysis, and problem solving in science, and include an understanding of the impact of science and technology on the environment and human affairs. This also includes the ability to integrate basic topics from chemistry, physics, life science, and Earth and space science, which are typically covered in introductory college-level courses in these disciplines, although some questions of a more advanced nature are included, because secondary school teachers must understand the subject matter from a more advanced viewpoint than that presented to their students.
Examinees will not need to use calculators in taking this test. The test book contains a periodic table of the elements and a table of information that presents various physical constants and a few conversion factors among SI units. Whenever necessary, additional values of physical constants are printed with the text of a question.
This test may contain some questions that will not count toward your score.
Examination Coverage with its Approximate Number of Questions and Percentage
The Praxis II Middle School Science (5440) Exam tests examinees on these skillsets:
Scientific Inquiry, Methodology, Techniques, and History (15 questions -12 %)
- Understands methods of scientific inquiry and how they are used in basic problem solving
- Understands the processes involved in scientific data collection and manipulation
- Knows how to interpret and draw conclusions from data presented in tables, graphs, and charts
Basic Principles of Matter and Energy (15 questions -12 %)
- Is familiar with the structure and properties of matter
- Knows the basic relationships between energy and matter
- Knows the basic structure of the atom
Physical Sciences (28 questions -22 %)
Life Sciences (30 questions -24 %)
- Understands basic structure and function of cells and their organelles
- Is familiar with the basic biochemistry of life
- Knows the elements of the hierarchical classification scheme and the characteristics of the major groups of organisms
- Knows the basic anatomy and physiology of animals, including structure and function of human body systems and the major differences between humans and other animals
Earth and Space Sciences (22 questions -18 %)
- Is familiar with physical geology
- Is familiar with Historical Geology
- Knows basic meteorology and major factors that affect climate and seasons
Science, Technology, and Society (15 questions -12 %)
- Understands the impact of science and technology on the environment and society
- Is familiar with applications of science and technology in daily life
- Is familiar with the impact of science on public-health issues
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:ISBN: 1610726936
Subject: Praxis II Teacher Test
- Praxis II Middle School English Language Arts (5047) Examination Ideas