Praxis II Economics (5911) Examination Description
- Praxis II Business Education: Content Knowledge (5101) Examination SyllabusPraxis II Business Education: Content Knowledge (5101) Examination Syllabus
Praxis II Business Education: Content Knowledge (5101) Examination General Information The Praxis...
- Praxis II Marketing Education (5561) Examination FormatPraxis II Marketing Education (5561) Examination Format
Praxis II Marketing Education (5561) Examination General Information The Educational Testing Service...
Praxis II Economics (5911) Examination General Information
The Education Testing Service (ETS) board conducts the Praxis II series with the goal of appraising qualified educators to teach in any state in the US. The Praxis II Series assesses an educator’s skills and capabilities that are needed in teaching the subject. Educators who wish to teach Economics may take the Praxis II Economics Exam in order to attain the required marks needed to teach in a certain state. The Praxis II Economics Exam challenges the educator’s practical and fundamental knowledge on the subject area in three different sections.
Eligibility for Praxis II Economics (5911) Exam
Aspiring educators should first comply with the eligibility conditions listed by the board in order to be able to take the Praxis II Economics Exam. Applicants are required to have an educational background with a bachelor degree from any state or national university. Applicants must also complete the appropriate coursework for the subject to qualify for the certification and if the applicant should fail in the exam, he/she is given a chance to retake it but only after a period of 30 days.
Format of Praxis II Economics (5911) Exam
The Praxis II Economics Exam is composed of 110 multiple-choice questions and examinees are given 2 hours to attempt the exam. These questions are grouped into three different sections that correspond to a certain subject area regarding Economics: Fundamental Economic Concepts, Microeconomics, and Macroeconomics.
Examinees should remember that not all questions are marked. Use of calculators is not allowed.
Syllabus of Praxis II Economics (5911) Exam
The Fundamental Economic Concepts section of the exam covers topics such as scarcity, choice, opportunity costs, factors of production, marginal cost, marginal benefits, decision-making, production possibilities curve, absolute advantage and comparative advantage, specialization, interdependence, gains from trade, etc. The topic has an approximate number of 22 questions which makes up 20% of the exam.
• The Microeconomics section of the exam covers major topics such as supply and demand, product market, factor markets, and government policy and regulation of markets. The topic has an approximate number of 49 questions which makes up 45% of the exam.
• The Macroeconomics section of the exam covers major topics like economic performance and fluctuations; money and banking and the Federal Reserve System; fiscal and monetary policies; and macroeconomics of the open economy. The topic has an approximate number of 39 questions which makes up 35% of the exam.
• If the examinee has a hard time studying for the exam, he/she can make use of a study guide that will definitely help him/her ace the exam.
Alternative Help from Praxis II Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for Praxis II exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for Michigan state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for Praxis II Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of mttc test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.
- Praxis II Marketing Education (5561) Examination Format