OSAT Mild-Moderate Disabilities (029)
Excellent OSAT Mild-Moderate Disabilities Exam Prep
There are some students born with or have acquired mild/moderate disabilities who are currently part of the school community; these students require special learning and education. Most mild/moderate students have learning disabilities, communication disorders, or emotional and behavioral disorders. Others may have intellectual disabilities, high-functioning autism, or disabilities caused by traumatic brain injury.
Currently being mandated by schools and institutions, only Licensed Teachers on this field are eligible to be given the task of educating students with mild/moderate disabilities. These teachers are expected to teach students with learning or behavioral difficulties which impede normal or expected academic achievement.
With this challenging task at hand, CEOE has set an examination for those who wish to pursue a career on this field. This test is called the OSAT Mild-Moderate Disabilities Test, which is a computer-based test with 80 selected-response questions and 1 constructed-response assignment. Passing this exam will be your gateway in becoming a certified teacher for students with mild/moderate disabilities.
Prepare for the OSAT Mild-Moderate Disabilities (029) Test with the Best Tools
Studying is already a given objective, but studying effectively is still a question. How do you study effectively?
By far, the OSAT Mild-Moderate Disabilities Test Secret Study Guide has been a tool most trusted by test takers because of its efficiency, quality and reliability. It is designed by experts who have taken the CEOE examination and wishes to impart their knowledge and experience to those who are willing to take the same road that they did. The study guide is very detailed and precise. It includes specific areas in which students must focus on especially those that are covered in the exam.
This OSAT study guide contains the following chapters, all of which are pertinent to the exam:
Understanding Students with Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Human development and factors, including disability, that affect development and learning.
- Types and characteristics of specific learning disabilities and their significance for human development and learning.
- Causes and characteristics of mild/moderate intellectual disability and the significance of intellectual disability for human development and learning
- Types and characteristics of emotional disturbance and their significance for development and learning.
- Types and characteristics of other categories of disabilities (i.e., autism, other health impairments, traumatic brain injury, orthopedic impairment)
Assessing Students and Developing Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs) and Individualized Education Programs (IEPs)
- Assessment instruments and procedures for evaluating the strengths and needs of students with mild/moderate disabilities
- Procedures and criteria for assessing the communicative, cognitive and academic strengths and needs and adaptive behavior of students of students with mild/moderate disabilities
- Procedures for developing and implementing Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs)
Promoting Student Development and Learning
- Establishing positive and productive learning environments evidence-based strategies and techniques for improving students’ expressive and receptive communication skills, academic achievement and independent learning and acquisition of functional skills.
- Development and implementation of behavior interventions
- Principles and procedures for promoting successful student transitions
Working in a Collaborative Learning Community
- Establish partnerships with other members of the school and the community to enhance learning opportunities for students that have mild/moderate disabilities
- Promote positive school-home relationships and encourage families' involvement in their children's education
- Philosophy and history of education for special needs and key trends and issues, roles and responsibilities, and legal and ethical issues relevant to special education
If you are considering in purchasing the study guide, it is always advisable to throw in the OSAT Mild-Moderate Disabilities Flashcard Study System to your study regimen. The flashcard study system is a compilation of hundreds of critical concepts that are critical for you to understand in order to pass the OSAT. Also, it provides helpful tips on how to improve your ability to learn and how to learn faster to accelerate your progress in studying for the test.
Help Ensure Your Success with the Study Guide and the Flashcard Study System
Not everyone is given the chance to pursue their passion in life. Some are just not brave enough to take risks, while others waste the opportunities given to them. If you don’t want to see yourself among this group of people, then it is highly suggested for you to grab a copy of the study guide and the flashcard study system; these are the only tools you will need for your arsenal to pass the exam, and to become a certified teacher for students with mild or moderate disabilities. Start helping these students, by helping yourself first.