NYSTCE New York Public Teaching Licensure Test Details for Literacy 065
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Details for Liberal Arts and Sciences 001NYSTCE Licensure Test Details for Liberal Arts and Sciences 001
NYSTCE Liberal Arts and Science Examination Overview NYSTCE Liberal Arts and Science Exam is an integrative...
- NYSTCE New York State Licensure Test Facts for English to Speakers of Other Languages 022NYSTCE New York State Licensure Test Facts for English to Speakers of Other Languages 022
NYSTCE English to Speakers of Other Languages Examination Overview NYSCTE English to Speakers of Other...
- NYSTCE Theatre 078 New York State Teaching Certification Test for Theatre (078)NYSTCE Theatre 078 New York State Teaching Certification Test for Theatre (078)
NYSTCE Theatre Examination Overview The examinee of the NYSTCE Theatre Assessment will be given certification...
- NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for English 003NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for English 003
NYSCTE English Examination Overview NYSTCE English exam seeks to assess the educator’s proficiency...
NYSTCE Literacy Examination Overview
NYSTCE Literacy Exam aims to certify applicants having the proficient capacity and competency in imparting lessons about strategies of research and literacy coaching practices to students, in consideration of the standards given by the New York State Educators Board. The exam can be taken either of the two sessions-morning or afternoon, depending on the available time of the examinee. An accreditation will then be granted to the qualified applicant given that he/she passes the evaluation and fulfills all the requirements in attaining the profession.
NYSTCE Literacy Exam – Admission
Like all other NYSTCE Exams, the literacy evaluation is also composed of two levels- the initial phase which is valid for three years and the professional phase, the advanced level. The former’s requirement is that the applicant be a bachelor degree holder in a national or state university and must be able to attain passing marks in Liberal Arts and Science Test and Assistant of Teaching Skills Exam also other than the NYSCTE Literacy Exam. The second level requires the examinee to be a master degree holder and must have a three-year experience teaching in the field.
NYSTCE Literacy Exam – Presentation
The exam will be composed of 90 multiple choice questions and a subjective question, both open and closed-ended questions. Time duration will be four hours to be then evaluated on scale of 300 in which one must score at least 220 in order to pass. Candidate must answer as many questions as they can as there is no negative marking for wrong answer and in case the examinee feels that responses are underscored, he/she can apply for recheck of the papers for further clarifications.
NYSTCE Literacy Exam – Course Outline
The topics include:
• 45% Reading assessment and instruction - oral and written language, word identification strategies, reading and comprehension skills, phonological and phonemic awareness, vocabulary development
• 23% Fundamentals of literacy – communication, literary acquisitions and development, formal and informal techniques
• 22% Role and Responsibility of Literacy Professional – professional responsibilities of media specialist, literacy and curriculum development
*10% weightings in the exam will be from the open-ended questions of the topic “reading assessment and instruction”
Alternative Help from NYSTCE Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for NYSTCE exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for New York state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for NYSTCE Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of NYSTCE test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE New York State Licensure Test Facts for English to Speakers of Other Languages 022