NYSTCE New York State Test and Exam Details for English 003
- NYSTCE Licensure Test Details for Liberal Arts and Sciences 001NYSTCE Licensure Test Details for Liberal Arts and Sciences 001
NYSTCE Liberal Arts and Science Examination Overview NYSTCE Liberal Arts and Science Exam is an integrative...
- NYSTCE New York State Licensure Test Facts for English to Speakers of Other Languages 022NYSTCE New York State Licensure Test Facts for English to Speakers of Other Languages 022
NYSTCE English to Speakers of Other Languages Examination Overview NYSCTE English to Speakers of Other...
- NYSTCE New York Public Teaching Licensure Test Details for Literacy 065NYSTCE New York Public Teaching Licensure Test Details for Literacy 065
NYSTCE Literacy Examination Overview NYSTCE Literacy Exam aims to certify applicants having the proficient...
- NYSTCE Theatre 078 New York State Teaching Certification Test for Theatre (078)NYSTCE Theatre 078 New York State Teaching Certification Test for Theatre (078)
NYSTCE Theatre Examination Overview The examinee of the NYSTCE Theatre Assessment will be given certification...
NYSCTE English Examination Overview
NYSTCE English exam seeks to assess the educator’s proficiency in teaching English subject, specifically in New York in order to standardize the quality of education in the state as provided by the education board. The candidate whose capacity is proven to help provide students a reasonable understanding of the whole context of the study and even appreciate the everyday implication of the literary topics can then apply for certification and be given credentials for the profession. Three schedules are available – morning, afternoon and evening, and it is up to the examinee on which of those will he/she be able to take the exam.
NYSTCE English Exam – Admission
Requirements for the exam include meeting all the eligibility criteria issued by the board like the fingerprinting clearance and attendance on Prevention of School Violence workshop and Child Abuse Identification workshop. He/ She must have completed the pedagogical coursework before applying for certification and must also be a bachelor degree holder from a national or state university.
NYSTCE English Exam – Presentation
There will be two phases during the assessment, namely the initial (valid for three years) and the proficient phase. This initial certification requires the applicant be a bachelor degree holder and must have a certificate as an attendant of workshop in school violence prevention and child abuse identification. Under the proficient phase, he/she must be a passer of the Liberal Arts and Science Test and Assessment of Teaching Skills Exam and must be a master degree holder with three years of teaching experience in the field.
NYSTCE English Exam – Course Outline
The topics included are:
• 22% Literature and its Fundamentals – nonfiction literature, poetry and drama, social and literary works, vocabulary studies and literary concepts, etc.
• 22% Writing – imaginative and creative essays, writing themes, academic writing style, arts of expression, etc.
• 18% Language and Literature – trend and literature, themes, historical influence on shaping the literature, etc.
• 14% Reading – reading for critical analysis and interaction, comprehension, information and understanding, etc
• 14% Speaking and Listening Skills – literary responses and expressions, knowledgeable speech, etc.
*10% weightings in the NYSTCE English exam will be from the subjective query of the topic “literature fundamentals”
Alternative Help from NYSTCE Subject Matter Experts
In addition to study test prep tools that you find on StudyGuide.NET you can also get help from an online or local tutor. Tutoring Services, LLC is helping educators and future teachers get help from other subject matter experts and help educators prepare for NYSTCE exam. TutoringServices.com offers flexibility for New York state educators to find a tutor, locally or online, contact tutor and get help. This is a recommend option for students, and best of all site doesn't even charge any tutoring agency comission fee like other agencies do. So what are you waiting for? Find a Tutor today!
Let our Local/Online Tutors Help you Prepare for Your Examination.
Self review is not the only option in preparing for your upcoming exam. Find local and online tutors to help you in preparing your exam.
This online tutoring site can also be beneficial to all educators who would like to make money helping other educators, prepare for the test, by allowing them to register free of charge and advertise themselves as independent tutors, helping other educators in test preparation as well as helping students in k-12, colleges and universities with homework help and academic subjects tutoring and test prep. Registration is FREE.
How to View and Search for NYSTCE Exam Study Guides
On the bottom part of this page you will see lists of NYSTCE test study guides, to help you review and prepare for your examination. Change the default menu for Show into desired number of items you wanted to view. Also along side with each study guides there is a button called “Buy Now”, click it for each reviewer you wanted to obtain.Sort by:Show:
- NYSTCE New York State Licensure Test Facts for English to Speakers of Other Languages 022