NES Middle Grades General Science Test
- NES Middle Grades English Language Arts TestNES Middle Grades English Language Arts Test
Best NES Middle Grade English Language Arts (201) for 2015-2016 The upcoming NES Middle Grade...
- NES Middle Grades Social Science TestNES Middle Grades Social Science Test
Latest NES Middle Grades Social Science (202) Examination for 2015-2016 Candidates dreaming of becoming...
- NES Middle Grades Mathematics TestNES Middle Grades Mathematics Test
Preparation For Your NES Middle Grades Mathematics (203) Test NES Middle Grades Mathematics is a computer...
Most Wanted NES General Science (204) Examination Information
Middle Grades General Science (204) must be taken for candidates wishing to become a certified educator in Middle Grades General Science course. This test is a computer-based test which is composed of 150 multiple-choice questions that should be completed within three hours of examination. Candidates should get the national benchmark score of 220 to obtain the certification. There are examination appointments set in every testing sites but every candidates will be served in a first-come-first-serve basis, if you have problems and questions related to the examination better go to testing sites early. There will be an on-screen calculator provided with the test. Also, constants, formulas and periodic tables are available too. Scaled score will be provided immediately after the test and after two weeks of testing, score reports will be released.
Topics to be Reviewed
Here are the list of topics that candidates will go through during the examination. They are highly encourage to study and make effort to scan their notes about these topics. Candidates can also visit different educational sites online for help. Here are the lists:
Nature of Science
• Principles and procedures of scientific inquiry
• History and nature of science
• Relationships between science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and society.
• Properties and characteristics of matter
• Physical and chemical changes of matter
• Characteristics and transformations of different forms of energy
• Relationships between force, mass and motion
• Characteristics and properties of mechanical and electromagnetic waves.
• Characteristics, organization, and processes of cells
• Characteristics and life processes of living organisms
• Concepts and principles related to genetics, the theory of evolution, and the classification of organisms.
• Characteristics of different biomes, relationships between organisms, population dynamics, and the flow of matter and energy through ecosystems
Earth and Space Science
• History of Earth, characteristics of Earth materials and resources, and the geologic processes that shape the Earth.
• Characteristics and properties of the hydrosphere
• Earth's atmosphere, weather, and climate
• Characteristics of the solar system and the universe
Coverage for the Exam
Listed below are the main topics and coverage of the exam along with their respective allocation. Candidates should focus most on areas with high graded. Time and effort is highly needed to obtain research and study about the topic. This will give also hint to candidates on how they should go through during their review and how to maximize their self assessment.
Nature of Science which covers 19% of the examination
Physical Science which covers 31% of the examination
Life Science which covers 25% of the examination
Earth and Space Science which covers 25% of the examination
- NES Middle Grades Social Science Test