NES Middle Grades English Language Arts Test
- NES Middle Grades General Science TestNES Middle Grades General Science Test
Most Wanted NES General Science (204) Examination Information Middle Grades General Science...
- NES Middle Grades Social Science TestNES Middle Grades Social Science Test
Latest NES Middle Grades Social Science (202) Examination for 2015-2016 Candidates dreaming of becoming...
- NES Middle Grades Mathematics TestNES Middle Grades Mathematics Test
Preparation For Your NES Middle Grades Mathematics (203) Test NES Middle Grades Mathematics is a computer...
Best NES Middle Grade English Language Arts (201) for 2015-2016
The upcoming NES Middle Grade English will soon be taken. Candidates aiming to become certified teacher for Middle Grade English Language Arts subject are required to take this test. This test is handled every year round. Candidates taking this test should complete the exam for three hours. This exam is a computer based test which is composed of 150 multiple-choice questions. $95 will be the testing fee. Before being called as a certified teacher, of course candidates should also pass the examination too! Test takers must obtain the national benchmark score of 220 to be able to get the certification. After the test, candidates will be given a scaled score. Score reports will be released after two weeks.
Topics Covered for the Examination
Listed below are the main topics with their respected subtopics. This lists will help test takers lessen the scope of their study and can help them focus on the topics listed below. It is highly motivated that candidates must scan their stock knowledge ahead of time to avoid time pressure and anxiety.
Reading Process and Comprehension and Reading Multiple Subject Areas
• Foundations of reading development
• Strategies for developing vocabulary knowledge and reading comprehension
• Strategies for reading in multiple subject areas
Reading Various Text Forms and Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
• Strategies for reading informational texts
• Strategies for reading persuasive texts
• Strategies for analyzing and interpreting literary texts
• Major historical, social, cultural, and political aspects of literature from around the world.
English Language Conventions, Composition, Writing Process, and Research
• Conventions of Standard American English and the elements of effective composition
• Writing process and the elements of effective and appropriate research
Modes of Writing
• Strategies for descriptive writing
• Strategies for expository writing
• Strategies for persuasive writing
• Strategies for effective listening and speaking and for participating in group discussions.
• Strategies for effective viewing and presenting and for analyzing various media
Coverage with Weighted Percentage
Proper time handling during your study would be the key to ace the exam during your review period. Giving high allocation of time spend in studying to heavy part of the exam will be a big plus! Here are the list of main topics with their respected weighted percentage.
Reading Process and Comprehension and Reading in Multiple Subject Areas which covers 21% of the examination
Reading Various Text Forms and Analyzing and Interpreting Literature which covers 29% of the examination
English Language Conventions, Composition, Writing Process, and Research which covers 15% of the examination
Modes of Writing which covers 21% of the examination
Oral and Visual Communication which covers 14% of the examination
- NES Middle Grades Social Science Test